We have developed a concept of fifth-generation artificial turf fields called 5G Sport, which is unique in Europe. Football clubs and municipalities can lease the next-generation 5G fields similarly to an operating lease, which is currently the predominant method for obtaining vehicles and IT equipment. 5G Sport relieves a football field owner from the need to pay a sizeable amount of money for a new field and take responsibility for maintaining and recycling it.
The monthly lease payments are evenly distributed over the entire lease period and the first instalment is 0 euros. The lease payments also include the cost of regular maintenance of the field using modern equipment, such as removing tree leaves, and debris, brushing turf fibres, adding rubber infill, and repairing damaged areas of the artificial turf, if needed. In addition, the monthly payment includes subsequent utilization of the turf, which is not cheap at all – in the case of a full size football field, 250–300 tonnes of various materials have to be recycled.
- The rental option eliminates the need for any investment. While the installation of artificial turf typically requires a huge one-off investment, the cost of 5G artificial turf fields is divided into equal monthly instalments.
- The first instalment for the field is zero euros. The duration of the rental period stretches between 48 months and ten years or more; however, the client can terminate it prematurely without any penalties or additional fees being levied.
- The municipality or club is released from any obligation to maintain their football field. The monthly lease payments include the cost of regular maintenance of the field by using modern equipment, which prolongs the field’s usage time.
- The monthly payments include the later, more costly utilization of the turf. In the case of a full-sized football field, 250–300 tonnes of various materials must be reprocessed. This means significant costs for the field’s owner.
- We install artificial, high-quality turf which will fulfil all requirements. The new artificial turf meets the requirements for the highest category of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA), namely the Quality Pro (formerly two-star quality) certificate which, after post-installation certification has been concluded, permits any international football matches to be hosted on this field.
- The monthly payment also includes the replacement of the turf in five or six years’ time. Artificial turf is often renovated every decade, but very often after the Fifth year of use the artificial surface fails to meet the requirements stipulated by FIFA or the health and safety legislation, and can even pose a hazard to the players.
- The monthly payments for 5G Sport become more favourable after the fifth year. In addition, turf fibres will be replaced. The soft pad and infilling are cleaned and reused, and the monthly payments can therefore be reduced.
More information about 5G Sport www.5gsport.eu